The “World’s Hottest Chili Eating Competition” took place just recently and it has left everyone in dismay.
Who would eat chili after chili, and possibly the hottest ones you can ever think of, one after one, for some competition?
You thought that right? I did too.
However, it happened, and we are here to talk about that today.
It makes sense to eat chilies to a certain extent but it is a totally opposite thing to take part in a competition of eating chilies, wherein every round, they get hotter and hotter.
In the ‘World’s Hottest Chili Eating Competition”, each round brought forth a new level of hotness, leaving people breathless, in pain, tears and agony.
The rules of the competition were simple:
Those who survive the first stage go on to the next and then the next, till they make it to the final round. The one who makes it to the last round and successfully completes it, wins.
I, for one, could not even look at these people eating all these chilies after a certain point because… Well… Who could? However, while we talk about watching, these people were actually eating them.
There were a total of 16 rounds in the competition, with some being skipped in the video. Some of the chilies in the rounds included:
- Green Jalapeno 3000+ Scoville Heat Unit chilies,
- Bullet Chili 8000+ Scoville Heat Units (SHU)
- Serrano Chili 15000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Cayenne Chili 8000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Birds Eye chili 100,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Scotch Bonnet 250,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Fatalii 400,000 Scoville Heat Units
- Red habanero 450,000 Scoville Heat Units
- Dorset Naga 960,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) 1,000,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Naga Viper 1,300,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Trinidad Morgua Scorpion 1,400,000+ Scoville Heat Units
- Carolina Reaper 1,569,000+ Scoville Heat Units
Some of the women seemed to be doing well in the initial rounds. It seemed like Wina, the woman in White was doing well and would win but inevitably, she couldn’t keep up after the 7th round.
The other clear highlights were the woman in black, the man in black, the other man in grey and the man on the right in green shirt.
In the final rounds, only one woman and few men remained.
Till the 10th round, it seemed like the man in green would win.
However, in the final round, one man and one woman were competing.
Then who won?
The “World’s Hottest Chili Eating Competition” was won by the woman in BLACK- the one with the HARD ROCK CAFÉ SHIRT on. The man in green gave up in the final round, as he couldn’t keep up with the heat and he eventually ended up having a glass of milk after it.
We congratulate the woman wearing the Hard Rock Café Shirt for winning a bizarre competition that was ALL about eating spicy chilies.
Watch the video here: